JOB TITLE: Sales Associate (General Application)
REPORTS TO: Retail Supervisor / Retail Manager
DEPARTMENT: Paris Gallery Chain
There are 3 levels within the Sales Person Job Family. Level 1 – Sales Associate, Level 2 – Sales Representative and Level 3 – Sr. Sales Representative.
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT:
The Sales Person is responsible for maximizing sales through excellent customer service, product knowledge and team work. Sells floor merchandise and/or assists customers with purchases, orders, and/or deliveries, as required. Restocks shelves and maintains merchandising and visual display standards. Implements stock control and security procedures and maintain appropriate records.
Financial: Assigned Sales Targets
No. of Employees Supervised: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. SALES GENERATION
- Achieves and exceed sales targets.
- Promote maximum sale of merchandise by understanding customer needs, explaining features and benefits, overcoming objections, selling add-on merchandise.
- Give alternative products when out of stock situations arise.
- Promote link and bridge sales.
- Adhere to the department discount policy.
- Make use of all promotions and events inside and outside the shop to increase sales.
2. CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Greet customers as per Paris Gallery standards.
- Personally acknowledge all customers you see.
- Adhere to the Paris Gallery grooming standards.
- Offer refreshments to all customers.
- Keep all promises made to customers.
- Refer back to customers within 24 hours of query.
- Keep customer database up to date.
- Follow up all customer repair issues (watches/accessories/sunglasses).
- Answer telephones timeously and take accurate messages.
- Escort all customers to the cash desk on closing a sale.
- Offer gift wrapping services to all customers.
3. PROMOTIONS AND EVENTS
- Know and understand the mechanics of promotions and events.
- Support all promotions by being aware of current promotions.
- Explain promotions to customers.
- Order promotional stock in advance.
- Ensure advertised lines are in stock and are properly presented.
- Maintain all merchandise and displays.
- Achieve promotional targets.
4. MERCHANDISE PRESENTATION & HOUSEKEEPING
- Adhere to the merchandising checklist.
- Display all merchandise according to company standards.
- Display of new lines timeously.
- Keep the company housekeeping standards high at all times.
- All housekeeping duties to be done on an ongoing basis.
5. TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Attend all training offered.
- Share supplier training information with colleagues.
- Maintain a professional image and conduct during all training.
- Take responsibility for self development and increase one’s product knowledge by reading catalogues, magazines, labels, etc.
6. STOCK MANAGEMENT
- Know how much stock is in your section.
- Ensure top selling lines are in stock.
- Plan with your Section Supervisor how to move slow selling stock.
- Tell Section Supervisor of any stock related issues.
- Ensure stock transfer in and out is done within 48 hours.
- Manage damages and breakages.
- Adhere to stock delivery and acceptance procedures.
- Discuss ideal stock levels with your Section Supervisor on a monthly basis.
7. SUPPLIER LIAISON
- Maintain professional relationships with all suppliers.
- Do not misuse supplier samples, GWP’s or promotional offers.
- Do not pass on confidential company or sales information.
8. MARKET AWARENESS
- Be aware of competitor’s prices, products and promotions and inform your Section Supervisor.
- Assist in protection of the showroom assets by correctly carrying out procedures for prevention of theft.
- Report any staff/customer dishonesty or irregularity to the Supervisor.
- Report and/or prevent any security hazards such as fire and physical threat.
- Ensure that all the barcodes are properly fixed on the merchandise.
- Record daily sales figures separately and keep any related paper work up to date.
- Wear the company uniform in its entirety in a neat and smart way.
- Follow the company dress code strictly.
- Maintain excellent hygienic standards by being neat and clean.
12. Performs any other miscellaneous job related duties
COMMUNICATION & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Internal: (To communicate matters relating to day to day activities of the job responsibilities)
Customers - In the process of selling and Brand related issues
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB:
High School Pass Certificate
0-1 year experience – Sales Associate – Level 1
2 years experience – Sales Representative – Level 2
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of English language; Knowledge of Arabic preferred.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to sort, checks, count, and verify numbers.
- Knowledge of retail floor sales techniques.
- Knowledge of retail floor merchandising and stock control procedures.
- Knowledge of sales promotions and events.
- Knowledge of basic visual merchandising techniques.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of shop security and safety procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to interface and influence customers.
- Good housekeeping abilities.
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with customers and other employees.
Passion for retail, pleasant personality, courteous, polished manners, service-oriented, good communication skills. Selling skills: ability to influence and persuade customers to buy company products.