JOB TITLE : Skin Care Specialist
REPORTS TO : Brand Manager / Asst. Brand Manager
Secondary Reporting Line : Showroom Manager/Supervisor
DEPARTMENT : Category - Fragrance & Cosmetics Section
Skin care specialist promotes the sale of respective brands and is based in the Showrooms. They report directly to the respective Brand Manager/ brand supervisor, but have a secondary reporting line to the Showroom Manager/Supervisor. They interact with all the showroom staff.
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT:
Skin care specialist is responsible for promoting the sale by explaining the features and benefits of the products to customers also provides a skin care consultation/analysis as well as facial services. Displays the merchandize on her counter in a neat and inviting manner to attract customers to buy the products. Provides good customer service and follows the company policies and procedures in the process of her work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sales Targets: ensures monthly target is met/exceeded
Promotes maximum sales of merchandize by:
- Establishing Customer Needs
- Explaining Features and Benefits
- Overcoming Objections
- Selling Add-On Merchandize
- Providing high quality customer service.
- Providing facial services to costumer and skin care analysis.
2. CUSTOMER SERVICE
Consistently Maintains the Highest Standards of Customer Service by:
- Respecting the well-being of the customer, dealing with her/him as a guest and as potential customer, regardless of the Nationality, Colour, Age and Gender.
- Greeting the customers with a smile, advising them which product to buy.
- Advising customers on the selection, price, use, and service of products range available in the showroom, with the aim of encouraging them to buy and become a key customer.
- Precisely and correctly answering a variety of questions concerning any available product; demonstrates the use of merchandize upon request.
- Professionally, diplomatically and politely dealing with customer complaints in accordance to the company procedures. Any complaints that remain unresolved are to be referred to the Brand Manager.
3. MERCHANDIZING AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Implements the company’s as well as the principal’s merchandising standards; ensures the products are merchandized 100% according to the brand image.
- Supervises the daily replenishment of merchandize, ensuring that the “first in- first out” principle is applied.
- Sets up promotional displays; makes signs or arranges merchandize on counters or tables to promote sales.
- Cleans merchandize, shelves, counters and tables
4. PERSONAL APPEARANCE
- Keeps a professional image at all times in line with generic Grooming Standards.
5. PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- Participates in Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Performance Review and Appraisal meetings with the Brand Manager/market supervisor.
- Listens, understands, and responds to the Performance Review instructions.
- Maintains ‘Discrimination Free’ customer relationship environment.
- Ensures and maintains a professional non-bias relationship with the staff in the workplace.
- Builds an excellent relationship, based on cooperation and respect, with her superiors in the showroom as well as with the colleagues in the other showrooms.
- Applies and follows the “Proper Channel” Principle in communication i.e.: communicates through the Brand Manger any business related issues.
- Checks inventory listing with actual inventory on shelf and reports discrepancies to the Brand Manager or the Assistant Brand Manager.
- Participates in stock taking (counting and describing the goods in stock).
9. TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Assists in training the new Paris Gallery sales staff in respect of product knowledge.
- Attends training programmes (In-house and Supplier), implements the training knowledge for better customer service and selling techniques and works to update her skills and knowledge continuously.
- Checks stock periodically and reports to the Brand Manager any products to be placed and ordered.
- Reports to the Brand Manager/market supervisor any special movement for a certain product, fast/slow moving products and any wanted product.
- Follows the purchasing process logistics procedures:
- Assists the cosmetics supervisor by accurately checking and counting the “stock on hand” on the shelves, inside the drawers, and at the storeroom.
- Accurately receives the products from the warehouse, by matching the quantity, reference number, and description, of the product with the Order, and reports, if there is any difference, to the cosmetics supervisor.
- Correctly Prices, (referring to price list) / invoice, and displays items for sale in an attractive and tidy manner according to the company’s / principals’ standards.
- Follows the duty schedule (Duty timings, Breaks & Days-off) set by the Brand Manager/market supervisor.
- Responds to change in schedule and shift timings due to special business seasons, like Dubai Shopping Festival, Dubai Summer Surprises, Holy Ramadan Month, Christmas and New Year.
12. Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
COMMUNICATION & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Brand Manager/market supervisor
Showroom Manager, Supervisor and Staff
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB:
High School Certificate
Min 2 years experience in sales and promotion of beauty care products in a retail setting.
English Language, Knowledge of Arabic preferred. Computer literate - MS Office packages.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Pleasant personality, smart appearance, well groomed, courteous, polished manners, service-oriented, good communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Selling skills: ability to influence and persuade customers to buy company products.