JOB TITLE: Brand Manager
REPORTS TO: Division Manager
DEPARTMENT: Category Management- Commercial
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT:
Maximize return on the allotted space by increasing sales and return on investment for the portfolio of brands under supervision
The position covers, target markets for the specified portfolio
No. of Employees Supervised: Nil
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement a yearly plan for the portfolio encompassing, sales plan by brand/outlet, marketing plan by brand, purchase plan by brand and action plan by brand and by outlet.
- Monitor assesses and reports the progress of the plan to the Senior CM/CM on a monthly basis.
- Develop the sales performance, by optimizing inventory levels in store, implementation the action/marketing plan.
- Monitor and manage key financial elements including gross margin, expenses and stock levels.
- Optimize stock levels in stores by taking proper actions when needed.
- Provide regular feedback to suppliers on their sales, stock levels, rankings and promotional activities.
- Implement operating procedures of the category – for smooth procurement and distribution.
- Establish and maintain the correct communication methods:
- Internally with team members about the expectations, results and actions.
- Internally with Sales management team and other peers to continuously improve teamwork.
- Externally with principals and business partners in order to always enhance the business relations.
COMMUNICATION & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Senior CM/CM - Line Reporting
Sales Manager - Implementation of sales plan
Sales staff - Line reporting, providing support
Heads of Support Services - To achieve smooth operational support
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB:
Minimum Graduate with an additional qualification of Business would be preferable
2-5 years of experience in retail organization or distribution organization in consumer products.
- Knowledge of retail market, distribution and buying process.
- Knowledge of procurement rules and regulations
- Basic understanding of finance, accounting, budgeting and forecasting
- Computer literate and English speaking.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Basic teamwork skills.
- Basic project management, analytical and organizational skills.
- Creative skills with a proactive mindset.
- Self starter and target-orientated.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Basic negotiation skills.
- Working Knowledge of Computers.