JOB TITLE: Receptionist
REPORTS TO: Services Administration Supervisor
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT:
Provides a professional and courteous reception service to visitors and personal callers and maintains the reception area. Answers telephones and routes the calls. Performs a variety of office related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive all Visitors, Contractors, Customers and General Public Figures in the Reception Area.
- Recording of all Visitors, Contractors, Customers and General Public Figures.
- Direct Visitors, Contractors, Customers and General Public Figures to Staff Member/s only on conformation of visit/appointment.
- To ensure that Staff Member meet the Visitor, Contractor, Customer or General Public figures from the Reception Area and escort them to the meeting room.
- Ensure that Visitor, Contractor, Customer or General Public Figures are being signed out before leaving the company premises.
- Administer routine meeting arrangements and/or security badge issue and collection for visitors.
- Direct deliveries to the corporate mail room and advice addressee for collection.
- Maintain the Reception Area in a tidy condition up to the PG corporate image.
- Facilitate a smooth internal and external corporate communication by professionally handle incoming phone calls and connect callers to the appropriate Department/extension according to the general nature of the call.
- Take and pass on messages as requested.
- Connect out-going international calls and maintain records of such calls.
- Reporting of all Bio Matrix Finger Print Access Control System failures to the Security Manager.
- Constant Security awareness actions in and around the Reception/Lift Lobby areas.
- Mange the planning & booking of H.O.meeting/conference rooms.
- Responding professionally and discreetly to Public inquiries – NOT ALLOWED MAKING ANY STATEMENTS OR COMMENTS ON BEHALF OF THE COMPANY.
- Will not leave the Reception Area unmanned at any point in time – need to confirm with department for a reliever during lunch breaks.
- Receive record and handle customer complaints and direct them to the appropriate channels.
- Perform any other miscellaneous job related duties.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB:
High School Pass Diploma in Secretarial Practice
2 years experience as a Receptionist
- Good fluency in spoken and written English; Knowledge of Arabic preferred.
- Computer literate – Knowledge of MS Office packages.
- Knowledge of some admin functions, such as courier mail, ticketing, hotel reservation, etc.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Word processing and/or data entry skills.
- Good communication and Receptionist skills.
- Database and records management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Analytical and Problem solving skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others.